- Official correspondence in the form of a Call Circular from the Secretary of Finance and Enterprise Development issued to all Secretaries, Chief Administrator, Administrators, and the Clerk of the Assembly. This Circular provides all guidelines for the preparation and submission of the Draft Estimate of the Assembly with deadline date for submission.
- Draft Estimates submitted
- The Draft Estimates are verified and compiled into one document for the Tobago House of Assembly.
- This document is laid in the Assembly, and debated allowing sufficient time to ensure delivery to Cabinet by the Statutory deadline of June 30th each year.
- Copies of the documents are also sent to the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Planning, Economic and Social Restructuring, and Gender Affairs for consideration and inclusion in the National Budget of Trinidad and Tobago. Tobago House of Assembly’s appropriation should not be under the minimum limit as approved by the Dispute Resolution Commission that 4.03% of the National Budget.
- The Appropriation bill is laid in Parliament, debated, and when passed becomes the approved Estimates for the relevant fiscal year.
Shelly Trim Budget Analyst IV (A.g.)
Understanding the Budget Process
Level 3, Victor E. Bruce Financial Complex
14-16 Wilson Road, Scarborough
Tel: (868) 639-4412 – ext. 4100