To foster a more integrated approach to capital planning that addresses identified physical, economic, social and environmental gaps and supports evidence-based policy making and comprehensive investment planning by providing an avenue for the Assembly to become sufficiently equipped to undertake the task of strategic programming and prioritizing, enabling others to make better decisions and ultimately ensuring better value for money.
Consistent with PPP guidelines the Unit’s mandate will include five (5) broad roles:
- Providing technical support to line Divisions in identifying and developing PPP projects and opportunities for infrastructure investment;
- Assessing and approving PPP projects;
- Developing and promoting the Assembly’s PPP policy and the deployment of PPPs within the Assembly;
- Coordinating the development a Tobago Infrastructure Investment Strategy; and,
- Identifying and managing funds for the development and implementation of PPPs.
The activities undertaken by the Unit will be grounded in good governance, anchored by the principles of integrity, transparency and accountability will ensure a commitment to Tobago’s holistic development for the welfare of the island’s citizens.
Ultimately the IP3 Unit will develop capacity, improve viability, and enhance opportunity across the physical and social infrastructure sectors, and deliver long term value for money and quality public services that will significantly impact on the growth and expansion of the Tobago economy.
Level 2, Victor E. Bruce Financial Complex
6-10 Post Office Street, Scarborough, 900212, Tobago
Tel: 639-4412 Ext. 53900 -53902