Commissioned on June 18th 2012, the Victor E. Bruce Financial Complex (VEBFC) is a four storey, 81,000 sq. ft. structure in the heart of our capital that pays homage to one of Tobago’s financial stalwarts and the first local Central Bank Governor, Mr. Victor Edward Bruce.
This state-of-the-art facility is located at Post Office Street and is the financial hub of the Tobago House of Assembly, housing the Division that is responsible for driving the island’s fiscal and economic development.
The VEBFC was designed with environmental sustainability in mind and in keeping with the clean, green, safe and serene approach adopted by the Assembly. It has full Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification, which guarantees that the design, construction operations and maintenance are cost effective, resource efficient and environmentally friendly. The building features a penthouse with an open terrace, gymnasium, cafeteria, kitchen, library, training room and several conference rooms. Before the building was constructed, the Scarborough Post Office and Bus Terminal was at that location.
Members of the public may submit written requests for use of the Penthouse or training room to the Office of the Administrator. The correspondence should include the name of the organisation, contact information, proposed time, type and purpose of the event and the number of attendees. The request should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 639 4412-ext 54320.
Listed hereunder are all departments in the Division of Finance and the Economy.
- Final Accounts and Revenue Reconciliation
- Board of Inland Revenue District Revenue Services
- Board of Inland Revenue Tobago Regional Office
- Consumer Affairs Unit
- Emergency Medical & Social Assistance Unit
- Venture Capital Equity Fund Limited (VCEFL)
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources Department
- Data Processing/Payroll
- Accounts Department
- Salary/Increments/Gratuity Section
- Youth Energised for Success Programme (YES)
- Information Technology Unit
- Economic Management & Research Unit
- Financial Literacy Secretariat (FLS)
- Cooperative Development Unit
- Strategic Business Support and Development Unit (SBSDU)
- Investment and Public Private Partnership (IP3) Unit
- Communications Unit